Monday 6 May 2013

Phillip Island

I decided to have a weekend away from study to visit Phillip Island with friends.

We drove to the Island and stayed with one of my friends. The island had some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen!

We spent one day at the beach. I left my clothes in the car of a friend, as we had been sunbathing, she then left, I forgot I had left them there then had to spend the rest of the day touring the island in only my bikini and towel! This was really embarrassing! We got to see most of the island, as one of my friends lived there all his life so knew it well. It was gorgeous and well worth a visit!

Phillip Island is most famous for the "Penguin Parade" where you sit in an outdoor auditorium on the beach and wait till dusk when the native fairy penguins return from the sea and make their way over the shore to their nests. Here is a photograph of one of the penguins. I did not have the chance to watch the penguin parade but I hope to do this on another occasion.






No comments:

Post a Comment