Tuesday 28 May 2013

Sydney

Sydney is one of the places that I really wanted to visit when I was planning my trip to Australia. I decided to go one weekend as I was able to purchase cheap flights.

I arrived in Sydney and got a transfer straight to my hostel. The hostel was really sociable and located in the heart of Sydney, within walking distance of all the main attractions.

The main attraction I wanted to see was Sydney Opera House. It was so impressive looking over the harbour! I had a guided tour of the opera house and later that evening I went to watch a performance of Henry 4th. It was fantastic! Unfortunately it was not opera season so I couldn't watch an opera, but it didn't matter I still had a great time.
 
I met up with a friend that I had met travelling in Thailand, we had coffee overlooking the famous Harbour Bridge.

 
This is the view of Darling Harbour at night. This was by far my favourite place in Sydney, it was picturesque and there were so many cute restaurants and coffee shops. There was also street entertainment.
 
I went on a walking tour of the city and saw many of the attractions. It is definitely a city I would recommend visiting. I also spent one evening at the aquarium where is saw two Dugongs, which are the only two on exhibition in the world. On my final day I visited the famous Bondi Beach. It was breathtaking, I wish I could have spent longer there!

No comments:

Post a Comment